Well, it's been awhile since I've last posted on here... Sorry for the delay, but I've had quite a bit on my plate lately. You can almost say things are getting a bit smoother... but I really don't wanna jinx myself - as I feel like I already have...
Anyways, this is what has been going on.
- Framing - The framing of my office and bathroom has been finished, and it looks great! My GC did a good job.
- Bathroom - My plumber added a "side-mount" toilet, instead of cutting the concrete, which didn't necessarily save me money, but did save on a ton of time. I'm surprised the city allowed him to do that instead, as they have been quite a pain in my behind.
- Electrical - So all of the rough electrical has already been installed, and looks ready to go!
- Signage - My outdoor siganage is installed and connected with the electrical now. I also added a banner outside of the school that says "Grand Opening Now Enrolling". It definitely has been brining in some traffic because every day/night I'm there, I get someone that stops. I also put some flyers on the window for people to grab when I'm not there.
- Carpet - I got an estimate last week, and it wasn't too bad. Once the dry wall is up, they will come by and do the carpet.
That's pretty much it... My inspection is tomorrow... And I'm freakin out!! I really hope I pass too 'cause I need to open soon. I've been getting quite a bit of calls, emails, and drop-in's lately, and need to start operating.
Oh yeah, one last note. Probably one of best good news so far... So, as you may know, I'm about 1 month behind schedule, which is such a bummer, right. Well, I tried to get my property manager to talk to the landlord to renegotiate my lease by extending my commencement date by 30 days, since I'm not open yet. My property manager hasn't been much help, which is very disappointing... Anyways, she suggested I contact my broker and see if he can contact the other broker involved in the deal. Well, I got word from my broker today that there is a really good chance that they will push my commencement rent date to September - which would be FABULOUS!!!! :D This would help me soooo much financially.
Anyways... here's shooting for an August 1st opening date!!!