I never had the chance to post the results of my students competing at the R.A.G.E. Karate Championship in May, so now I'm gonna take a few minutes and let everyone know how they did.
We had a few students compete for the first time, and they did great for their 1st tourney. I hope to see them go at it more often!!
Before we go on, some of my students were bumped up to the intermediate division, which is obviously a more challenging division, but for the most part, they did great.
- Cody R. competed for the 1st time and he got 3rd in forms and 4th in sparring. He won his first fight, but seemed winded when he fought his 2nd and 3rd fights.
- Colby B. competed in his 2nd tournament of the year and got 4th in forms and 3rd in fighting. He got injured during the match and was down too, but came back to win the match!
- Logan H. competed in his first tournament this year and got 5th in forms and a finalist in sparring. Not bad for his 1st tourney.
- Mollee H. (Logan's sister) got 4th in forms, and a finalist in sparring. She had a tough match...
- Caleb D. was in the same division of Molle, and he got 3rd in forms and had a very tough match in sparring. This girl had legs up to her chin and ended up winning the division.
- Madeline competed for the 1st time this year too and she was in a tough division, competing with intermediates. She got 2nd in forms and was only 200th of a point away from tying for 1st place. And she got 4th in sparring in a division of all boys... She was very impressive.
- Rosey C. competed again in forms and got 6th in forms. Next time she will get to spar, as she is now eligible to spar in class.
- Nick P. competed again, and made some improvements by getting 3rd in forms and 3rd in sparring, with a great 2nd match.
- Luana L. also competed for the 2nd time this year and go 4th in forms and 2nd in sparring with an impressive 2nd match.
Great job guys! You guys did awesome!!!
Next time follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/thedojo
so you can get updated results of our students.