[caption id="attachment_4431" align="alignleft" width="300"] Going home from the hospital in our Superman shirts.[/caption]
First, I would like to say Thank You to everyone's support, thoughts, warm wishes, baby gifts, prayers, and meals these past few weeks. We GREATLY appreciate all of them!!!
Thanks to Lynn Voorhees for setting up the meal plans for Susan and I. It's been nice to have some food prepared a head of time, or for left overs during the week, as it frees up time for Susan and I. It was funny when we came back from the hospital, we had no idea what was in the fridge, so the first few days was weird. Believe it or not, I truly enjoy cooking in our home, and I actually do most of the cooking. But since I come home late every night, dinner is sometimes too late for Susan.
Here Is What Has Been going On...
He's doing great! He had his 2nd doctor's visit last week, and did awesome. When we left the hospital with him, he was at 5 lbs, and they were concerned with his weight. After our 2nd doctor's visit, he'd put on 10 ounces in just 1 week! The doctors and nurses were all impressed, so we are obviously happy.
He's eating a ton, sleeping more than us, and melting our hearts on a daily basis. So, we couldn't be happier...
There are SOME restless nights, but that comes with the territory. And fortunately my employer allows me to work from home!
She's doing awesome too! She's had a wild ride these past few weeks too, but she's a trooper and a warrior, and I couldn't be any luckier then to have a wonderful wife like her. The doctors say she's healing up very well, and she can start to get more active after her 6 week checkup. So for now, we are simply doing walks and simple things around the house to get her moving.
How Am I?
Well, what I've noticed is my parents only call to talk to Gabriel. My father-in-law made it clear that "my job is done". And, I'm managing a large load around the house.... Otherwise, I'm doing great! Honestly, I'm very happy with our family, and can't wait to continue to move down this path with Susan and Gabriel.
Well yes... If you may or may not have noticed, I've been juggling a lot since June-ish...
- June 8th - We put our home in Denver (yes, we lived in Lowery) on the market. Showings were scheduled during the week in the evenings all of June and part of July, which is why many of you saw Jax and Bo in my office many times... They've had a hard time adjusting.
- June 10th - Moved our Karate & Fitness school to our new location on 120th Ave. and N. Tejon St., and have been working on getting everything setup in our new location. We aren't quite done, but we are getting there!
- June 15th - Placed my condo on the market to sell, after having renters for 2 years.
- July 11th - We moved into our new home in Thornton, placing us closer to the Karate school now. So no more 30 plus minute commutes and late night construction for me!
- July 15th - Closed and sold my condo!
- July 19 - Our first son, Gabriel Mason, was born 5 weeks early. We spent 5 days at the hospital, but he's been doing great now. The beginning was VERY scary, as we didn't know what to expect, but all is well. And, since we had only lived in our new home for 8 days, the nursery, and other areas of the home isn't even done...
- July 26th - Had to tell my wife that her mom has breast cancer (2nd time) and that she just went through a double mastectomy. Doctors are evaluating her lymphoms to determine if chemotherapy is required to get the rest of the cancer. Had to keep this from my wife because we were afraid it would send her to pre-term labor.
- July 31st - Went under contract to sell our home in Denver. We should close by the end of August, if all goes well...
As you can tell, we've had quite a bit on our plate these past 6 or 7 weeks, and it's been a challenge to manage so much all at once. So, if there are times that you call and / or email, and I don't (or didn't) respond quickly -- it's not because I didn't receive it. It's probably because I have (or had) a few pressing issues that needed to be addressed before I can reply.
So, enough about me. I just thought I needed to share with you guys what's been going on these past few weeks. Don't worry, I won't be using this blog to vent and share my issues. I just thought this was a good opportunity for our clients to know what's going on, since people have been asking about Susan's pregnancy.
Until Next Time!
Sensei Javier Lozano, Jr.