Posts Tagged ‘children’
Broomfield Children’s Martial Arts School
The Dojo of Karate is Colorado’s Premier Martial Arts School.
We teach kids how to gain more self-confidence, learn self-discipline, stay focused in school, improve their grades, exercise, all while having fun in Karate.
To learn more about our Kids Karate Classes, please call 303.920.4500 and ask about our Introductory Karate Special, which is only $19.95 to get started.
Feel free to check out one of our classes and see everything your child will learn.
Kids Karate Classes
So The Dojo of Karate has one of the best Kids Martial Arts Programs in Broomfield and Westminster, Colorado. Hands down.
You’re probably thinking I’m making one BOLD statement…. maybe…
Is it because I’m the Head Karate Instructor??
It’s because I do 3 important things to get the best out of my Karate students. These three key tools that I use while teaching Karate sets The Dojo of Karate apart from all other Martial Arts schools in Colorado.
The other reason I know The Dojo of Karate offers one of the best Children Karate Programs is that our kids walk away sweating and smiling and our parents enjoy the Life Skills our kids learn in class.
So, here are the 3 things The Dojo of Karate does to make our Martial Arts school offer the best kids program in the Westminster / Broomfield / Thornton area.
1) Lead By Example - Why is this so important? So many kids have false role models that they begin to display poor actions, demonstrate bad attitudes, and act VERY inappropriate. In order for students to perform at their best, as a Martial Arts instructor, I need to lead by example AND ask my students to do the same for others. We are all responsible for our own actions. But, by acting like a leader our actions can be good ones. All of my current Karate students are required to help a new students in class by being their partner for the day. This teaches our new students the ropes about our school and my current students to be LEADERS in our school. I than lead by example by demonstrating what I need to see as an instructor. For instance, if I want kids to be nice to their parents, I am always polite to the parents in our school by always saying “yes sir”, “yes ma’am”, “no sir”, “no ma’am”. Why? Because I want the kids to hear it too. If Mr. Lozano does it, it must be cool!
2) Build Confidence – If you ever want the best out of someone, build their confidence. And, if you ever want the WORST of someone, break their confidence. Confidence plays a huge role in performing well in life. As a Martial Arts instructor that is looking for the best of my students, I need to be building their confidence. The more confidence my students demonstrate the better they do AND the more they want to shine in Karate class, at home, and at school. The Dojo of Karate builds your childs character by developing their confidence.
3) Mat Chats – OK, you’re probably thinking this is weird. But, it’s not… Did you know as a parent, if you spend about 10-15 minutes weekly with them talking about various topics from respect, to goals, to humility that you can influence them even more? It’s true. As parents you have more influence in your child’s life than you can imagine. At The Dojo of Karate we understand that. This is why we have daily Mat Chats in EVERY class to discuss different topics for the week. This reinforces what you’ve been talking about with your kids at home. This week has been about Timing. How is timing important in Karate, at home, and in the classroom…?
There you have it. These are the 3 main reasons The Dojo of Karate is the best Martial Arts school in Colorado. It’s not because I’ve been training in Karate for over 22 years, teaching kids for nearly 19 years, and hold numerous awards. Nope. We like to focus on the Life Skills, but we happen to relate to them through Karate… that simple.
Don’t believe us about being the best Karate studio in the Westminster and Broomfield area. Take me up on my word and try out our program. I’m sure your kid will be leaving with a smile too
Javier Lozano, Jr.
Owner / Head Instructor
NASKA World Champion
Certified Personal Trainer
Child Safety Instructor
3rd Degree Black Belt
The Dojo of Karate is one of the leading martial arts and fitness schools in the north metro area of Denver, CO.
Their programs cater to families residing in Broomfield, Westminster, Thornton, Northglenn and Erie CO — and mainly focus on children martial arts training starting as young as 4.5 years old.
Beginning June 6th, 2011 Owner & Head Instructor, Javier Lozano Jr will be launching their Martial Arts Kids Summer Camps to the public.
This is a great opportunity for residents in the community to enroll their kids in a traditional Japanese Karate program with a 21st century twist that has proven to teach kids important life skills, including confidence, focus, discipline, respect, and physical fitness.
Who’s Teaching The Summer Camp Classes?
Don’t worry, your child will not be learning from a high school student that needs a summer job and has no interest in children and their safety.
All of martial arts summer camps are hosted at The Dojo of Karate and taught by Sensei Lozano.
Sensei Lozano is a 3rd Degree Black Belt with over 20 years of training and 17 years of teaching experience. As a professional athlete, he has won numerous martial arts tournaments around the country, including a World Championship Title in fighting and a Colorado State Title in fighting.
In addition to his accomplishments, he’s a certified Child Safety Instructor (one of the few in Colorado), a certified personal trainer, and a certified Black Belt Instructor.
His experience alone is typically more then most martial arts schools can ever offer with all of their instructors, as many of them are novices in the martial arts and professional teaching.
Sensei Lozano has also been operating Summer Camps at The Dojo of Karate and many other martial arts schools for several years, so he has an understanding on how to relate to your child and get them to enjoy Karate during every session.
How Does The Summer Camp Program Work?
The Dojo of Karate is offering their best special of the year, which includes the following.
- 1 Private Session – This allows your child to get oriented with the martial arts before joining the group class.
- 1 Free Karate uniform – The Dojo of Karate trains in traditional white gi’s (uniforms)
- 6 Weeks of Karate Training – Your family will be able to select 2 classes per week, either in the mornings or evenings, depending on your schedule.
- All this for only $169 for the 6 week session!
That’s over a $300 value… for only $169!!!
Since this is the best offer of the year at The Dojo of Karate, their Summer Camps sell out quickly. The nice thing is that families can reserve their spot at anytime, however, they shouldn’t wait too long because space is limited.
What Does My Child Do In The Summer Camp?
This is a sports and martial arts summer camp, so your child will be learning everything from agility, coordination, balance & speed drills to self-defense, flexibility, physical fitness, and more.
In addition, we focus on developing your child’s character by teaching them focus, respect, goal setting, confidence and other life skill principals.
Below are just a few things you can expect during every session.
- Learn self-confidence and self-control.
- Learn important child safety skills in a way that increases self-assurance.
Gain increased fitness through martial arts training and activities.
- Develop respect for themselves and others.
- Improve their agility, strength, and flexibility for other sports.
- Develop leadership skills that will help them through their academics.
- And much, much, more!
How Old Does My Child Have To Be?
We have 3 different Summer Camp programs, depending on their age. We break up age groups in order to allow students to feel comfortable with other kids their age, and give them a chance to develop the skills mentioned above.
Here are the age groups we break them up into.
When Does The Summer Camp Run Through?
Our Martial Arts Kids Summer Camps kickoff on June 6th, 2011 and go through August 31st, 2011.
Your child can signup at any point, but again, space is limited, so don’t put this off too long!
How Do I Signup My Child?
Go to https://TheDojoOfKarate.com, and on the right side of the screen is a form. Simply fill out the form, and a representative will get back to you ASAP.
You can also give them a call and schedule an appointment by calling: 303-920-4500.