Posts Tagged ‘Karate Students’
Summer time is right around the corner, and the next thing that families are looking for are Summer activities for their kids.
However, finding a Kids Summer Camp can be challenging…
The Dojo of Karate is known for hosting one of the most exciting Kids Karate Summer Camp to residents in Westminster, Broomfield, and Thornton, Colorado.
Not just that, they’ll have a blast because of how the program is designed.
And our Summer Camp will take place from June 1st to August 31st.
Even though The Dojo of Karate focuses on teaching martial arts, their Kids Karate Summer Camp is more of a sports camp.
Well, Karate is a sport, and Sensei Lozano, Owner and Head Instructor, is a former professional sport Karate
athlete, so he understands what it takes to develop agility, coordination, balance, reaction, and many other sports skills.
At The Dojo of Karate, your child will not just gain the benefits of a sports based summer camp, but also:
- Learn self-confidence and self-control.
- Learn important child safety skills in a way that increases self-assurance.
- Gain increased fitness through martial arts training and activities.
- Develop respect for themselves and others.
- Improve their agility, strength, and flexibility for other sports.
- Develop leadership skills that will help them through their academics.
- And much, much, more!
When was the last time you’ve heard of kids learn and gain so many OTHER benefits from a sports summer camp?
Which is why The Dojo of Karate believes their Kids Karate Summer Camp is by far one of the best Summer activities you can enroll your child in.
Who Teaches The Kids Karate Summer Camp Classes?
Sensei Javier Lozano is the Owner and Head Instructor of The Dojo of Karate. He has been training in the martial arts for over 22 years, teaching for over 19 years, and is a 3rd Dan Black Belt in Wado Karate.
Sensei Lozano is also a former NASKA World Champion Sport Karate Fighter and former CKA Colorado State champion fighter.
In addition, Sensei Lozano holds these credentials:
- Certified Personal Trainer
- Certified Child Safety Instructor
- Certified Women Self-Defense Instructor
- Certified Fitness Boot Camp Instructor
- Certified in First Aid and CPR
So, as a parent, you know that you are getting the BEST instruction for you child, as Sensei Lozano teaches ALL of his Kids Karate Summer Camp Classes.
How Old Does Your Child Need To Be?
Below is a list of our Kids Karate Summer Camp Programs.
- Lil’ Ninjas Karate Program – 4.5 to 6 years old.
- Junior Kids Karate Program – 7 to 12 years old.
- Teens Karate Program – 13 years and up.
Classes are offered at various times in the evening, so we recommend you checkout our Kids Karate Class Times to make sure you know when our classes take place.
What’s The Cost Of The Summer Camp?
Our Kids Karate Summer Camp is actually a great value, and as we mentioned it’s by far the best special of the year.
1 Private Session – (
$65 value) This allows your child to get oriented with the martial arts before joining the group class.
1 Free Karate uniform – (
$35 value) The Dojo of Karate trains in traditional white gi’s (uniforms)
6 Weeks of Karate Training – (
$300 value) Your child(ren) will be able to select 2 classes per week, from various times slots, in the evenings, depending on your schedule.
- Summer Camp Welcome Packet – ($20 value) This will help you and your family get use to our Karate program.
That’s over a $420 value… for only $169!!!
How To Reserve Your Spot?
The Dojo of Karate has limited floor space, therefore, they only have a limited amount of slots available for NEW Kids Karate Summer Camp clients.
Once we get to 30 NEW Kids Karate Summer Camp students, we will close registration to all residents.
And, since the Summer Camp will go from June 1st to August 31st, you will need to reserve your spot ASAP to guarantee a slot for your child(ren).
Simply fill out the form on the bottom or top right of this page, and we’ll send you an automatic email with a PayPal link, where you can reserve your spot immediately.
From there, we’ll schedule your 6 weeks of continuous Karate training.
We look forward to seeing your family enjoy our Summer Camp!
Kids Karate Classes
So The Dojo of Karate has one of the best Kids Martial Arts Programs in Broomfield and Westminster, Colorado. Hands down.
You’re probably thinking I’m making one BOLD statement…. maybe…
Is it because I’m the Head Karate Instructor??
It’s because I do 3 important things to get the best out of my Karate students. These three key tools that I use while teaching Karate sets The Dojo of Karate apart from all other Martial Arts schools in Colorado.
The other reason I know The Dojo of Karate offers one of the best Children Karate Programs is that our kids walk away sweating and smiling and our parents enjoy the Life Skills our kids learn in class.
So, here are the 3 things The Dojo of Karate does to make our Martial Arts school offer the best kids program in the Westminster / Broomfield / Thornton area.
1) Lead By Example - Why is this so important? So many kids have false role models that they begin to display poor actions, demonstrate bad attitudes, and act VERY inappropriate. In order for students to perform at their best, as a Martial Arts instructor, I need to lead by example AND ask my students to do the same for others. We are all responsible for our own actions. But, by acting like a leader our actions can be good ones. All of my current Karate students are required to help a new students in class by being their partner for the day. This teaches our new students the ropes about our school and my current students to be LEADERS in our school. I than lead by example by demonstrating what I need to see as an instructor. For instance, if I want kids to be nice to their parents, I am always polite to the parents in our school by always saying “yes sir”, “yes ma’am”, “no sir”, “no ma’am”. Why? Because I want the kids to hear it too. If Mr. Lozano does it, it must be cool!
2) Build Confidence – If you ever want the best out of someone, build their confidence. And, if you ever want the WORST of someone, break their confidence. Confidence plays a huge role in performing well in life. As a Martial Arts instructor that is looking for the best of my students, I need to be building their confidence. The more confidence my students demonstrate the better they do AND the more they want to shine in Karate class, at home, and at school. The Dojo of Karate builds your childs character by developing their confidence.
3) Mat Chats – OK, you’re probably thinking this is weird. But, it’s not… Did you know as a parent, if you spend about 10-15 minutes weekly with them talking about various topics from respect, to goals, to humility that you can influence them even more? It’s true. As parents you have more influence in your child’s life than you can imagine. At The Dojo of Karate we understand that. This is why we have daily Mat Chats in EVERY class to discuss different topics for the week. This reinforces what you’ve been talking about with your kids at home. This week has been about Timing. How is timing important in Karate, at home, and in the classroom…?
There you have it. These are the 3 main reasons The Dojo of Karate is the best Martial Arts school in Colorado. It’s not because I’ve been training in Karate for over 22 years, teaching kids for nearly 19 years, and hold numerous awards. Nope. We like to focus on the Life Skills, but we happen to relate to them through Karate… that simple.
Don’t believe us about being the best Karate studio in the Westminster and Broomfield area. Take me up on my word and try out our program. I’m sure your kid will be leaving with a smile too
Javier Lozano, Jr.
Owner / Head Instructor
NASKA World Champion
Certified Personal Trainer
Child Safety Instructor
3rd Degree Black Belt
Below is a list and pictures of our newly promoted karate students at The Dojo of Karate. When you get a chance, congratulate them for their success and achievement.
Also, not pictured, but newly promoted Karate students are: Leighla R. promoted to Gold Belt. Frial K. promoted to Low Green Belt.
Lil’ Ninjas Karate Belt Promotions
Junior Kids Beginners Karate Belt Promotions
Junior Kids Intermediate Karate Belt Promotions
Adult Karate & Self Defense Karate Belt Promotion
This Is Karate – Part 2 Video
It’s a 5 minute Karate video of short blurbs and clips of Karate-kas doing Karate… From training to fighting in competitions. Really awesome.
In my opinion, it shows the endless possibilities of the human body by dedicating yourself to actual Karate training. Makes me wonder if some of these Karate-kas could rival some of the fighters in the UFC and MMA arena.
Enjoy the video!
Harlem Shake – Karate Dojo Style
The Harlem Shake has been the new internet sensation that has been sweeping YouTube and other online video websites all over the world.
This Internet Meme gained popularity in February 2013, with various groups, organizations, and friends creating their version of the Harlem Shake, using a clip of electro-trap artist Baeer’s Harlem Shake.
From major sports teams, universities, and groups of friends, the Harlem Shake has been recreated numerous times on the internet, with each video trying to out perform the previous video.
So, what’s the purpose of the Harlem Shake…?
It’s just an easy video to create, edit, and place on YouTube, Viemo, and other video websites.
Sensei Javier Lozano Jr — Owner and Head Karate Instructor at The Dojo of Karate started to get wave of the Harlem Shake staying up late at night, watching ESPN Sports Center, with various sports teams putting together their version of the Harlem Shake.
So, Sensei Lozano went online to see if there were any martial arts schools doing the Harlem Shake, and well, there were a few… but not many.
The next day, he approached his Karate Students in Black Belt Club (an elite Karate group of students) and asked if they would be interested in doing the Harlem Shake – Karate Dojo Style!
The overwhelming response was YES!!
Sensei Lozano gave them a few ideas of things they could use during the making of Harlem Shake – Karate Dojo Style, and left the rest up to them and their parents.
A few of them didn’t know what the Harlem Shake was, so we showed them a few family approved versions so they could get an idea.
The following week, on Friday March 8th at 5:30pm, Karate students in the Black Belt Club began to create the internet meme Harlem Shake – Karate Dojo Style and Sensei Lozano playing the director.
Below is the end result The Dojo of Karate student’s putting in their hard work, effort, and enjoyment of just being kids.
Oh, and if you’re wondering which one is Sensei Lozano… he’s the tall “kid”.