It’s been awhile

It’s been a couple of weeks or so since my last post, plus I figured that I should update everyone about the latest and greatest news.

First off, the issues that I was experiencing at the beginning of the year with one of my lenders decreasing my line-of-credit - well that couldn’t be resolved due to the school not making any money. It’s kinda tough to generate revenue when YOU’RE A START UP. But, the banks don’t want to hear that… as it’s no excuse in their eyes. Whatever the case is, this hasn’t stopped me from what I’m suppose to be doing.

With that said, I sent my leasing agent a check to secure the location, so I should be golden. All I’m waiting for now is to get insurance for the school and get approved from the city of Westminster for my business license. Once that’s done, I can access the premises, receive my SBA loan, and probably hire a contractor to do my build-out. Which brings me to a great question… what do I need to do to get a contractor? Do I go through my landlord, or do I need to find my own?… I’m hoping to get an answer here shortly, so I can at least put in my building permit application. But, it’s tough too ’cause my space is still being occupied by State Farm. So, all of the logistics hasn’t been ironed out quite yet.

As for when will The Dojo of Karate open… It may be a long shot, but mid March looks somewhat realistic now. It’s so close, yet so far away. Then summer will be creeping up, which will make it tough for business. I feel like I’ve prepared myself to get this far, but then I’m sorta lost now too. Crazy…

Now, I think my next biggest task/priority is talking to my current manager and telling her about my future plans. I don’t know how she will take it, and/or how the company will take it. Something in me says it will be fine and she will be happy for me, but at the same time I’m scared to bring it up, and possibly loose my job. As people say, timing is everything, so I’m just waiting for the right time. I hope the talk goes well, and it does not affect my job and my future there. I do want to continue job there, and leave on good terms - but I don’t want to drag it out either. I almost have to be very diplomatic here - and I’m really not that kind of person. If all goes well with the location, I will be talking to my manager this week.

Please leave a comment

TrackBack Address.